Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
It’s Saturday again which means it’s time to select a Premier League team for Mondogoal’s Perfect Million Freeroll – pick all the highest scoring players and win £1m. It’s also free to enter with cash prizes for the best players.
- Newcastle United vs Bournemouth
- Southampton vs Sunderland
- Chelsea vs Stoke City
- Everton vs West Ham
- Watford vs Leicester City
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Swansea City vs Norwich City
Here’s Our Pick:
|Goalkeeper||Joe Hart||Manchester City||£5.8m|
|Defender||Aleksander Kolarov||Manchester City||£7.7m|
|Defender||Jamaal Lascelles||Newcastle United||£3.5m|
|Midfielder||David Silva||Manchester City||£9.7m|
|Forward||Sergio Aguero||Manchester City||£14.1m|
There are three games on Saturday that stand out as candidates for clean sheets and attacking points and they concern Manchester City vs Aston Villa, Swansea vs Norwich City and Chelsea vs Stoke City. With a couple of exceptions are team is based around those teams so there is an argument that we’re chucking all our eggs into one basket.
We’re going for a 3-5-2 formation.
- Joe Hart is a surprisingly cheap option in goal for Manchester City but should keep a clean sheet against Villa.
- City’s Aleksander Kolarov should also keep a clean sheet plus he regularly chips in with the odd shot and goal and plenty of intercepted passes.
- Swansea’s Ashley Williams is a consistent points scorer who should also grab a clean sheet against Norwich City.
- Newcastle’s Jamaal Lascelles is a very cheap option who we may have to replace if he doesn’t make the starting line up; however he should be part of a team which keeps a clean sheet.
- Manchester City’s David Silva is an easy choice and should see plenty of the ball against Aston Villa.
- Cesc Fabregas from Chelsea is another shoe-in for us, one of the league’s most prolific passers and points scorers as long as avoids bookings.
- Everton’s Ross Barkley will usually score plenty of points as long as he keeps involved in the game; should see plenty of the ball against West Ham.
- Swansea’s Wayne Routledge is on a decent run of form at the moment, he’s also good value and should earn some points against Norwich.
- Oscar from Chelsea is another obvious choice and should benefit from the possession held by the home side.
- We confidently expect Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero to grab a hatful of points against a shaky Aston Villa on Saturday.
- We also think Diego Costa will get on the scoresheet against Chelsea as long as the home side play to their full potential.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.