Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
The Europa League is given some extra spice on Thursday evening with the inclusion of Liverpool vs Manchester United and they form part of our selection in Mondogoal’s Late Freeroll. The following matches 20:05 kick off matches are involved:
- Sparta Prague vs Lazio
- Liverpool vs Manchester United
- Villareal vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia
Here’s Our Pick:
|Goalkeeper||David Picik||Sparta Prague||£6.6m|
|Midfielder||Juan Mata||Manchester United||£9.8m|
We fancy the best chances of clean sheets are with the four teams playing their home matches on Wednesday evening and this more or less goes along with the bookmakers odds. This tactic also extends to the rest of our picks which come predominately from these sides although manchester United get a look-in in midfield.
- David Bicik (Sparta Prague) starts in goal and he’s in a team in good form facing a Lazio side currently struggling for goals.
- Victor Ruiz (Villareal) is a regular points scorer in defence with plenty of clean sheets.
- Alberto Moreno (Liverpool) has a decent chance of a clean sheet against a patchy Manchester United but he can also provide crosses/assists
- Aymeric Laporte (Bilbao) is part of strong defence who kept a clean sheet against Valencia in the league recently.
- Manchester United tend to enjoy lots of possession so Juan Mata is guaranteed a few points; he can also score and assist.
- Markel Susaeta (Bilbao) is in decent goal-scoring form at the moment and the Spanish team’s best midfielder.
- Bruno (Villareal) doesn’t always come up with the fantasy goods but we think he’ll provide some quality against an average Leverkusen side who have lost the ability to win recently.
- James Milner (Liverpool) is always a solid performer for Liverpool and one of their set-piece specialists.
- Roberto Soldado (Bilbao) is something of a risk but we think he will make his presence felt against Leverkusen.
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) is a consistent scorer for Liverpool and grabbed one in last weekend’s game at Crystal Palace; he should get several chances against Manchester United.
- Aduriz (Bilbao) has been on fire in his last few games in terms of fantasy points and is an obvious selection for this tie.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.