Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
There are plenty of postponed Premier League matches on Saturday due to FA Cup commitments so we’re entering Mondogoal’s Forfeit Battle League which offers £100 in guaranteed prizes for the following matches:
- Bournemouth vs Swansea
- Stoke City vs Southampton
- QPR vs Brentford
- Fulham vs Bristol City
- Everton vs Chelsea
- Barcelona vs Getafe
Here’s Our Pick:
|Goalkeeper||Jack Butland||Stoke City||£7.7m|
|Defender||Marc Muniesa||Stoke City||£6.7m|
|Midfielder||Xherdan Shaqiri||Stoke City||£7.6m|
|Forward||Marko Arnautovic||Stoke City||£11.3m|
Barcelona are overwhelming favourites to win against Getafe at odds of around 1/16 but there’s always a budget issue where Barca are concerned. Otherwise clear wins are a bit difficult to pick out but we’d go for Stoke City to beat Southampton at home and QPR to beat Brentford in this particular local derby.
The late start for the Everton vs Chelsea match means picking any of those players is a bit of a risk because we won’t be able to change the line-up.
- Jack Butland (Stoke) starts in goal and he should keep a clean sheet against a Saints side in poor form; Stoke have won three of the last four.
- Marc Muniesa (Stoke) is also includes for the reason given above.
- James Perch (QPR) should grab a clean sheet against Brentford and he also chips in with the occasional assist.
- Javier Mascherano (Barcelona) is final defensive member and is almost guaranteed a clean sheet against Getafe.
- Our five man midfield starts with Arda Turan (Barca) who’s a cheap option but has been starting recently.
- Ivan Rakatic (Barca) will see plenty of the ball in midfield against Getafe.
- Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke) is a good value choice with a consistent scoring history.
- Ross Barkley (Everton) is expensive but should guarantee points against Chelsea.
- Andrew Surman (Bournemouth) is still cheap but has the knack of scoring and is a value choice for us.
- We can’t afford Lionel Messi so Luis Suarez (Barca) is the next best thing, a slight risk but should come good.
- Marko Arnautovic (Stoke) should be part of a team which dominates Southampton on Saturday and that’s why he’s in the team.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.