Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
There are three Championship matches on Tuesday evening and these are three ties on which the outcome is extremely important for at least one of the teams; this is our selection for Mondogoal’s Tuesday Freeroll.
- Hull City vs Nottingham Forest
- Ipswich Town vs Blackburn Rovers
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading
Here’s Our Pick:
|Defender||Andrew Robertson||Hull City||£9.9m|
|Defender||Christophe Berra||Ipswich Town||£8.9m|
|Midfielder||Sam Clucas||Hull City||£9.6m|
|Midfielder||Ryan Fraser||Ipswich Town||£8.8m|
|Midfielder||Mohamed Diame||Hull City||£7.0m|
|Forward||Abel Hernandez||Hull City||£7.8m|
|Forward||Freddie Sears||Ipswich Town||£6.2m|
Hull City and Brighton are the two likely candidates for wins this evening, they both occupy play-off places and face opposition in mediocre form. Out selection will be based largely around those two teams although Hull’s patchy recent form means we should pick carefully.
Ipswich Town are reasonbaly strong at home and should be able to find a way past a Blackburn side in very poor form on the road – no wins since the beginning of December.
- Brighton’s David Stockdale is our keeper and he’s behind his teammate Bruno – these players are the basis of a Brighton team which has kept a clean sheet for the last four games.
- Hull’s Andrew Robertson not only has a decent chance of a clean sheet against Nottingham Forest, he also takes set pieces.
- Ipswich’s Christophe Berra is our final defender and the Blues have a good chance of a clean sheet against Blackburn; Berra also gets forward for the occasional shot (and goal).
- Anthony Knockaert (Brighton) is a player in good form since his return from injury and an easy choice in midfield.
- Sam Clucas (Hull) is another obvious choice – he scores loads of fantasy points from midfield with goals, possession and assists.
- Ryan Fraser (Ipswich) has hit scoring form recently and is always willing to take a shot.
- Mohamed Diame (Hull) is a bit of a risk but he scores a goal every few games from very few shots.
- Abel Hernandez (Hull) is our final Tigers player and we are not particularly confident about him; he may score but also we may swap him out closer to kick off.
- Tomer Hemed (Brighton) is a cheap but high-scoring option who may not be selected so last-minute changes may be required,
- Freddie Sears (Ipswich) is an all-action player who takes plenty of shots but rarely gets on the scoresheet; our fingers are crossed for this evening.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.