Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
On Tuesday evening the Champions League gets underway again with the second legs of the following ties:
- Wolfsburg vs KAA Gent
- Real Madrid vs Roma
Here’s Our Pick:
|Defender||Sergio Ramos||Real Madrid||£8.4m|
|Midfielder||Cardoso Neto||KAA Gent||£5.9m|
|Forward||Cristiano Ronaldo||Real Madrid||£20.5m|
|Forward||Simon Diedhou||KAA Gent||£4.6m|
Both games should be interesting on Tuesday evening – Real Madrid should breeze past Roma at home having a two goal lead in the bag already but there may be some team selections which will affect our pick at the last minute; there should be some goals between Wolfsburg and Gent with the score at 3 – 2 from the first leg but the home side should come out on top in the end.
- In goal we’ve picked Wolfsburg’s Koen Casteels who should grab a clean sheet if he is selected.
- Robin Knoche is our second player from the German side but wathc out for the team selection as he is not always picked.
- Madrid’s Danilo and Sergio Ramos are solid picks from the Spanish side who should keep a clean sheet against Roma.
- Wolfsburg’s Andre Schurrle is a bargain choice here but should see plenty of the ball against Gent.
- Roma’s Mohamed Salah is a capable goalscorer and if anyone can score points against Madrid, he has a chance.
- Real Madrid’s Isco earns plenty of points for assists from midfield and will have plenty of possession.
- Cardoso Neto is our bargain option here and any points from the Gent player will be a bonus.
- We’ve saved enough money elsewhere to be able to pick Ronaldo up front and he virtually guarantees points.
- Max Kruse is Wolfsburg’s top scorer and a solid fantasy pick.
- Simon Diedhiou is another bargain pick from Gent but we have moderate hopes for a few points.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.