Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
On Wednesday evening the second set of this week’s matches as Champions League gets underway with the second legs of the following ties:
- Zenit St. Petersburg vs Benfica (agg 0-1)
- Chelsea vs Paris St. Germain (agg 1-2)
Here’s Our Pick:
|Midfielder||Angel Di Maria||PSG||£16.2m|
These two matches look like very close affairs with no obvious winners; both visiting sides have one goal leads but these could be overturned in these return legs. Our selection reflects this fact and we’re spreading our risk around all four teams this evening. None of these teams keep regular clean sheets so we’re trying to earn points further up the field.
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois may get a clean sheet but he should certainly make a few saves and earn some points in the process.
- Zenit’s Domenico Criscito is one of our cheaper selections but there’s a chance of a clean sheet.
- Benfica’s Jardel is a consistent points-scorer and should see plenty of the ball against Zenit.
- PSG’s Presnel Kimpembe is cheap but has played recently – we may need to revisit his selection when the teams are announced.
- Willian (Chelsea) is a regular choice for us and he can chip in with plenty of passes plus the occasional goal/assist.
- Angel Di Maria (PSG) is an obvious choice; a bit expensive but should be worth it.
- Nicolas Gaitan (Benfica) is our pick from the Portuguese side and has contributed two goals from midfield this season.
- Axel Witsel (Zenit) is our final man in the middle of the field and something of an unknown quantity but he does play regularly.
- Edinson Cavani (PSG) is not always a prolific fantasy league scorer but we have confidence he’ll contribute something on Wednesday; he’s also cheap.
- Diego Costa and Pedro (Chelsea) fill the final two attacking spaces and we have two from the Londoners because this is a match Chelsea have to win.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.