Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
It’s the Europa League on Thursday evening and there are three English clubs in action, two of them facing each other in what is probably the biggest tie of the night. This is our entry into DraftKings UEL Freeroll.
- Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Basel vs Sevilla
- Fenerbache vs Sporting Braga
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Anderlecht
- Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia
- Liverpool vs Manchester United
- Sparta Prague vs Lazio
- Villareal vs Bayer Leverkusen
|Goalkeeper||David Picik||Sparta Prague||$3.8k|
|Midfielder||Juan Mata||Manchester United||$5.9k|
Our selections come from the later kickoffs on Thursday evening because these ties feature home teams which should do the business. We haven’t focused on any one particular team in defence because we want to spread the risk around somewhat.
- David Bicik (Sparta Prague) starts in goal and he’s in a team in good form facing a Lazio side currently struggling for goals.
- Victor Ruiz (Villareal) is a regular points scorer in defence with plenty of clean sheets.
- Alberto Moreno (Liverpool) has a decent chance of a clean sheet against a patchy Manchester United but he can also provide crosses/assists
- Aymeric Laporte (Bilbao) is part of strong defence who kept a clean sheet against Valencia in the league recently.
- Manchester United tend to enjoy lots of possession so Juan Mata is guaranteed a few points; he can also score and assist.
- Markel Susaeta (Bilbao) is in decent goal-scoring form at the moment and the Spanish team’s best midfielder.
- Bruno (Villareal) doesn’t always come up with the fantasy goods but we think he’ll provide some quality against an average Leverkusen side who have lost the ability to win recently.
- James Milner (Liverpool) is always a solid performer for Liverpool and one of their set-piece specialists.
- Adrian (Villareal) may not be selected this evening so changes may be afoot; however he could come up with the goods if he starts.
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) is a consistent scorer for Liverpool and grabbed one in last weekend’s game at Crystal Palace; he should get several chances against Manchester United.
- Aduriz (Bilbao) has been on fire in his last few games in terms of fantasy points and is an obvious selection for this tie.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.