Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
FA Cup replays mean there are just three premier League matches on Saturday and only two kicking off at 15:00. This is our selection for a freeroll at DraftKings.
- Stoke City vs Southampton
- Bournemouth vs Swansea City
|Goalkeeper||Jack Butland||Stoke City||$3.7k|
|Defender||Marc Muniesa||Stoke City||$2.2k|
|Midfielder||Xherdan Shaqiri||Stoke City||$6.7k|
|Forward||Marko Arnautovic||Stoke City||$5.2k|
The most likely winner for us on Saturday afternoon is Stoke City at home to Southampton; the home side have won three of the last four while Saints have lost three and drawn one. Bournemouth vs Swansea is a little trickier to predict but we’d go for the Cherries if pushed.
- Jack Butland and Marc Muniesa are our defensive contingent from Stoke City and they stand the best chance f a clean sheet from these two fixtures; two goals concede in four matches.
- Charlie Daniels (Bournemouth) offers points not just for defence but also for set pieces and the odd goal.
- Simon Francis (Bournemouth) wasn’t an easy choice but he’s good value and may get the clean sheet points.
- Ashley Williams (Swansea) may not get a clean sheet but he can contribute in terms of tackles and interceptions.
- Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke) gets better and better and although expensive he almost guarantees points, especially when the Potters dominate possession.
- Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth) is also expensive but will see plenty of the ball against Swansea.
- Dusan Tadic will have a tough day in midfield against Stoke but his set pieces can earn points.
- Graziano Pelle (Southampton) is something of a last minute addition when we were running out of options so he’s something of a punt we hope will come off.
- Max Gradel (Bournemouth) contributes more than just goals and should see plenty of action against Swansea.
- Marko Arnautovic (Stoke) is one of our consistent favourites and an obvious choice for this set of fixtures.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.