Every day we bring you what we think are some sensible selection options based on today’s upcoming matches; we’re not going to promise that these are guaranteed winners because if we could do that we’d all be millionaires by now. These players are all solid picks based on recent stats and their next opponents so check them out.
On Tuesday evening there’s a full line up of Championship matches as we get to that busy time of the season so this is our entry into Mondogoal’s Championship Freeroll:
- Cardiff City vs Leeds United
- Nottingham Forest vs Preston North End
- Rotherham vs Middlesbrough
- QPR vs Derby County
- Brighton vs Sheffield Wednesday
- Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town
- Fulham vs Burnley
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Bristol City
- Charlton Athletic vs MK Dons
- Blackburn Rovers vs Birmingham City
- Huddersfield Town vs Reading
Here’s Our Pick:
There are some interesting fixtures on Tuesday evening but not many we would regard as shoe-ins for any particular team; the most likely winners look like Burnley at Fulham, Middlesbrough at Rotherham and Brighton at home to Sheffield Wednesday so that’s our starting point.
- Brighton have conceded one goal in five matches so David Stockdale is an obvious choice against a Wednesday side in poor form.
- Lewis Dunk is our second Brighton defender for the reasons given above; he can also score the odd goal.
- Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson is part of a defence that has been patchy recently but should do well against a poor Rotherham attack.
- Burnley have conceded one goal in five games so Ben Mee has a decent chance of a clean sheet.
- Boro’s Stewart Downing is consistent with goals and assists in the Championship and he also takes penalties.
- Burnley’s David Jones should see plenty of the ball against Fulham and he has already chipped in with 1 goal so far this season.
- Brighton’s Dale Stephens has scored five goals this season and is an ever-present in the team.
- Fulham’s Tom Cairney might be in a team struggling in the Championship but he scores points nonetheless with plenty of shots and 7 goals scored so far.
- Burnley’s Andre Gray has scored 19 goals so far this season and is clearly an obvious choice.
- Jordan Rhodes has made a good start for Boro since his transfer with 1 goal scored.
- Tomer Hemed has been in great goalscoring form recently, scoring 11 in total this season and is a regular starter for Brighton.
*In the event that certain players are not selected, last-minute changes may be required.